We collect, preserve and share places, artifacts and stories of cultural significance in Waterloo Region so we can engage citizens and build a cohesive community through mutual learning, discovery and exchange.
As centres of discovery and learning, the Region of Waterloo Museums are essential to understanding our collective place in the world - past, present and future. We inspire feelings of pride and possibility in the community and foster a sense of identity and belonging among citizens. How We Work: Guiding Principles
In everything we do, Region of Waterloo Museums strive for authenticity in our restorations, interpretation and exhibits;
- Scholarly and professional integrity in our research and content;
- Life-long learning and education for our visitors and our staff;
- Public and social engagement through living history, exhibits, educational programs, community partnerships and volunteer contributions;
- Stewardship that utilizes best practices in building preservation; environmental sustainability; and collections development, management and preservation;
- Quality programming, exhibits and service excellence;
- Interactions with visitors with emphasis on inclusivity and informality, and
- Exceeding standards for community museums in all aspects of operations.